Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Its a little late but Happy Thanksgiving!! =) I hope everyone had a good day and lots to be grateful for. This year Ben and me stayed in Utah because I  had to work. We did get to go up to Uncle Ryans (Ben's Uncle) in American Fork on Thanksgiving day. It was Uncle Ryan, Aunt Renee and their two boys with Uncle Leon and Aunt Teresa and their two kids Mason and Elise. Grandma Winter was there too and then Ben and me. Dinner was absolutely delicious =) Teresa made these rolls that were amazing and Renee made a ton of other things. Grandmas pies were also to die for. We all ate way too much of course and then sat down and watched the Blind Side. We also got to write cards for Trey and Mitchell, who are both serving missions right now.

Although we weren't able to be with our immediate siblings and parents we were so grateful to be with family. I realize how lucky and truly blessed we are every year. Although we don't have a ton of extra money we are making due and have more then many others. I'm so grateful for my job and that I am able to work while Ben is going to school. I'm thankful that Ben is in school doing his best and working hard to one day provide for our family. I'm so thankful for both of my families that I now have and the knowledge that I will be with them for eternity. I'm thankful for the gospel, our home, friends, health, and so much more. I'm so glad we have November and December to be especially grateful for everything. I love this time of year =)

Sorry I didn't get any pictures this time, but here is a good quote.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive the week.

If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75 percent of the world.

If you have money in the bank or in your wallet, you are among the top 80 percent of the worlds wealthy.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

-Author Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment